- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Criminal Defense
- Avvo Superb rated, Top Attorney Criminal Defense
- Avvo, Client’s Choice Award, Criminal Defense
- Greg Wenzel Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2012, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Miami Chapter
- Order of the Barrister, Excellence in the Art of Courtroom Advocacy
- Feinreder Moot Court Competition, 1st Place
- President, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Miami Chapter
- Dade County Bar Association, Board of Directors.
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Statewide Chapter.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Brian Kirlew is an experienced trial lawyer who began his legal career as an Assistant Public Defender at the Miami-Dade Public Defenders office. He received his law degree from the Nova Southeastern University College of Law and his undergraduate degree from the University of Central Florida. During law school, Brian Kirlew pursued his passion in litigation and criminal defense. He won the prestigious Feinreder Moot Court Competition finishing 1st out of 100+ students. Brian Kirlew competed on five interscholastic Moot Court and Mock Trial teams in Orlando, New York City, Washington D.C. and San Diego. During his last semester of law school, Brian Kirlew was a certified legal intern at the Miami-Dade Public Defenders office where he participated in two felony jury trials. He was recognized for excellence in the art of courtroom advocacy with the prestigious Order of the Barrister designation at his law school graduation.
Brian Kirlew became an Assistant Public Defender in Miami and worked in that capacity for six years. During this time, he represented over 3000 clients from arraignment to jury verdict. He honed his investigative and problem-solving skills by representing hundreds of people charged with very serious felonies. As an Assistant Public Defender, Brian tried 42 cases before a jury, 38 to verdict. Because of his outstanding work and results, the Miami Chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers recognized Brian Kirlew as with its outstanding Young Lawyer Award in 2012.
After leaving the public defender’s office, Brian opened the Kirlew Law Firm. He has continued to practice criminal defense and is an active trial lawyer. Brian Kirlew has a reputation as being a fearless advocate for his clients. Brian has vast experience in all matters of criminal law and has defended clients against charges including, but not limited to, driving under the influence (DUI), DUI manslaughter, drug possession, carjacking, armed robbery, home invasion, theft, fraud, burglary, assault, battery, sexual battery, lewd and lascivious behavior, trafficking in narcotics, dealing in stolen property, fleeing and eluding, child pornography, murder, attempted murder, stalking, manslaughter, domestic violence, child abuse, prostitution, sale of narcotics, welfare fraud and violations of injunctions or protective orders.
Brian Kirlew has also developed a niche civil litigation and family law practice that focuses on litigation intensive cases. His years of experience as a litigator and trial lawyer have allowed him to become seasoned in civil litigation and family law. He has successfully represented clients in their complex business matters, divorce proceedings, and contentious child custody disputes. Because Brian is trained as a trial lawyer and in the rules of evidence, he is better equipped to deal with issues that arise in civil and family court than lawyers who lack litigation and trial experience.
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Crime
- Family Law
- New York
- Southern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit, United States Court of Appeals
- B.S., University of Central Florida
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University College of Law